Any site, regardless of its age, whether it’s a new born or already an internet veteran, requires a trustworthy house it can always rely on. And in order to reach the maximum potential, the comfort of one’s own house is one of the most essential elements to consider. That’s why we always recommend professional web hosting services. And in today’s article we are going to take a look at some of the main reasons.
First of all, before getting any deeper into talking about the advantages that professional web hosting services bring, it’s important to understand the concept of web hosting. As the name already suggests, this service refers to the hosting of information that contain a website within a server, regardless if we talk about a physical server or Cloud Computing, which is, basically a network of servers. Each site or document requires some sort of a storage environment within the world of the internet, reason why so many companies specialized in professional web hosting came into existence.
Why turn to a specialized company?
First of all, it’s easy to understand that if you turn to a specialized company, you will have more time for your own business, instead of merely sitting and always trying to keep an eye on an extremely dynamic field in order to make sure your site is in order. Success, in many cases, is about being able to delegate your activities so that you can focus on developing your business, fulfilling your role as an entrepreneur. However, let’s take a look at the main advantages of a specialized company:
- The level of expertise of a specialized company from within the field will be far greater than your own level of expertise merely because they only deal with this one topic, whereas you have the whole business on your shoulders
- The IT infrastructure is much wider than if you had your own server. Also, a web hosting company has access to an infrastructure such as Cloud Computing, an infrastructure that’s extremely costly to implement for only one site or one server.
- The implementation costs are much smaller. It’s much easier to just give a phone and pay for a subscription than to go ahead and buy your own server and hire a person that’s specialized on maintenance.
- The promptitude of implementing various updates. Regardless if we talk about small updates or a huge GDPR implementation, a 24/7 assistance is always welcome. This can help you at any given time and keep the site within the best functioning parameters.
- Keeping extra copies. Have you made a mistake within your site and you just wish you could hit the “undo” button? No worries, all the hosting companies keep safety copies, in more than one location so that the information cannot be lost under any circumstances.
- A high level of security. Given that you have limited resources for cybernetic security, for a specialized company this is a priority. Especially since we live in such a dynamic and competitive world where everyone tries to be one step ahead of their competitors.
What is, in fact Cloud Computing infrastructure?
Cloud Computing infrastructure, although it’s quite a new concept within the web hosting world, represents a method of connecting various servers that are located at a certain distance. Practically speaking, we eliminate the need of having a physical infrastructure which would be far more costly in most of the cases. Through Cloud Computing technology you can accomplish even intranet security networks in order to obtain a more effective communication between the connected devices. It’s a revolutionary technology that changes the rules of web hosting. This service is provided by most of the specialized companies from the field.
What is the biggest advantage from the above list, from our perspective?
From all of the above, the most important factor to consider is the high level of security and data protection. In such a dynamic world and, unfortunately, not always well intentioned, it’s essential to pay the necessary attention to security. Be it that we talk about the most potent firewall systems or of an immediate and automated implementation of quarantine for compromised files, the high security level is one of the great advantages that web hosting companies offer.