A new year, a new strategy. Even if a business is successful, it requires consistency and a well-established plan that covers a few years, the world of SEO is continually changing. And it changes a lot faster than the rest of the digital world, therefore it’s essential to always be one step ahead. Here are a few tips on how to build a SEO strategy for 2018, in today’s article.
Why do we focus on a new SEO strategy for 2018?
2017 was a great year for the electronic trade. Leaving aside huge events such as Black Friday 26, when the acquisitions made from a mobile device have overcome the ones made from a laptop, the tendency of people is going more and more towards the online. And this migration that’s going on slowly but surely cannot be ignored. But it’s extremely important to harness. We’ve already talked about the optimization of a website from SEO perspective but we haven’t focused in detail on a SEO strategy. That’s because each subject requires special attention and 2018 is announcing to be an interesting, the least to say, year for the digital market in Romania. A substantial growth in the online shopping, made from a mobile device, an important growth of the community of influencers, these are the factors that predict a 2018 full of opportunities. So let’s get down to work.
How much does the original content from the site matter?
One of the biggest moves that took place in the digital world is represented by the organic growth of the pages/ sites. Facebook came at the beginning of 2018 with some radical changes through which the focus lies more on the human interaction and the originality of the site rather than on spam links or simple ads that just tell you what you should buy. Also, Google will always charge the content that is taken from elsewhere and will value original content. That’s why a SEO strategy has to be based on originality, regardless of the quality. Google will appreciate more a mediocre page that is original than a top one that has content taken from elsewhere.
How much does the interaction with the users count?
It’s absolutely essential. As long as you’re going to create original content that’s people oriented rather than sales oriented, you will be in the Google top. But you will truly grow the moment the moment when there’s some interaction on your site, an interaction between your business and your readers. Whether it’s a call for action or a question, every interaction matters. Is it worth mentioning that a satisfied client is going to recommend you, a recommendation being the strongest marketing tool?It’s absolutely essential. As long as you’re going to create original content that’s people oriented rather than sales oriented, you will be in the Google top. But you will truly grow the moment the moment when there’s some interaction on your site, an interaction between your business and your readers. Whether it’s a call for action or a question, every interaction matters. Is it worth mentioning that a satisfied client is going to recommend you, a recommendation being the strongest marketing tool?
What can you include in a successful strategy for 2018?
- Focusing on the mobile section. Even if it might be confusing, there’s a separate SEO for the desktop version of a site and for the mobile version of it. Just as a site can be optimized for its smartphone version only. As we mentioned above, Romanians (people?) start using mobile phones more and more often and the Romanian digital world still doesn’t grasp the power of this thing. That’s why in 2018 you can benefit from an intact market, that of the smartphone users. If you want to know how to do this and how to build a SEO strategy for mobile devices, you can always ask for a free expertize where we’re going to see exactly what’s to be done and where.
- A SEO and content strategy that has a well thought calendar. What do we post, when do we post it and on what occasion? It would be a pity to post about women’s day on 9th of March. The posts also need to be aligned with the time phase when they’re bound to be posted. Even if it seems an easy thing to do, many cease to do it exactly because not doing it is just as easy.
- Social media presence. With a Facebook that is no longer the giant it used to be, with a WhatsApp that’s growing each day, with an Instagram that becomes the new refuge of teenagers because their parents also created Facebook accounts and now they can see them partying and smoking round the block, the world is in a constant motion. That’s why it’s recommended to be present on as many social media platforms as possible. And the posts have to send the users as much as possible towards your site. And if you have a well-built site, with a people oriented content, not a sales oriented one, your site will grow and Google will notice this.
Let’s recap the most important things that need to be covered in 2018:
- Original content – quality not quantity. People value more what’s written by you, for them rather than what the sales team can come up with. And in 2018 Google seems to feel the same way.
- Goodbye desktops and laptops – hello smartphones. 2018 will be an explosive year for the world of mobile phones, therefore it’s essential to grasp a piece of this cake. And with our help that piece can be a pretty large one.
If you want to find out more about how we can work for a SEO strategy for your site, you can contact us anytime. Until then, we are looking forward to reading in the comments’ section about which element from the above mentioned ones seems the most relevant to you for a SEO strategy.